Ah, the careless, lazy relaxation of eating as a college student. Tonight I dine on the bottom third of a bag of Puffed Wheat! Yum!
        
I’m going to be very itchy when I try and sleep…

I am taking a few gen-eds this semester in order to continue on my path towards graduation. Fortunately for me, one is a freshman level course. Unfortunately for me, the instructor points out that this is a freshman course about six times each class period. Makes me feel pretty awkward.
       
                       “AND, since most of you are Freshmen…”


I have also been taking a lot of notes in class, writing during lectures helps me to concentrate.
          

So today I attended all my classes, listened contently to the knowledge that costs me thousands of dollars to inherit, and jotted down some notes in the midst of all this education. I felt exceptionally proud until I glanced at my neighbor’s notes for the lesson and saw that she had barely written anything. What a dumb slackerbitch! But upon closer review, I found that my pen had not been furiously transcribing the words of my professors. Lo, I found that my notes were largely fat women and dinosaurs.
          
“Why I’m not Graduating”

So maybe I just learn better through visual aids. Usually the doodling has some substantial relevance to the course material. The number 72 in the above drawing, for example, is the number that I need to set my “Clicker” to in class. I’ll never forget that now.
Speaking of learning visually, I was cruelly deceived by the weather tonight. After it had been raining for a day or so most of the snow had melted and it looked somewhat warm, albeit wet. I stepped outside, and boy was I wrong. Not only was it freezing, but what I thought was water on the ground was in fact ice. Anyone watching me walk instantly assumed that I was a homeless person with vertigo.

     

After a while I just ended up shuffling my feet. In my mind I was an ice skater, in reality I was closer to resembling a fat high school girl unable to lift her Birkenstocks off the ground while talking on a cell phone.
                
           Oddly Specific, Oddly Familiar.


I truly began to question why we cancel school for a few inches of snow and not for sudden death ice surprises. The danger ratios are staggeringly different.


      
               Snow Day- School Closed 



          
Ice Day- School Opened


Wish me luck as I spend the next day or two shuffling my feet trying desperately to avoid being self-curbed. And while we’re on the topic of sudden, random deaths let me transition to a topic that has grown a few weeks stale- and that is the Arkansas 5000 dead blackbird incident. I’d like to pause and consider how Fireworks came to be an excusable theory. I mean, fireworks? What happened between 2010 and 2011 that made the birds reaction to fireworks go from this  

            
To this?

           

Maybe there was a mass suicide, maybe the End of days really is near. Or JUST maybe the birds stopped being able to handle sudden surprises such as fireworks. It would not be the only time in the wee hours of 2011 where surprises have endangered a large group.

       
                            Oprah hate being surprised. Look out crew.

Well, tomorrow is another day. I’ll be working in the costume shop, attempting to get a few advisement sessions and will be working out with Julie. For now I’m going to attempt to get some sleep with my new cuddle buddies, the lost puffed wheat kernels.
      
 


(Jan, 20, 2010)