Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sorry, I'm not sorry.

I realized that I have an awful habit of over-apologizing. Any time I feel like it would be appropriate for someone else to apoligize, I cover it for them. I don't think this is an altogether uncommon thing, but it happens all the time. 


I apologized to the fat woman who gave me an accidental lap dance by bumping into me with her front-butt at the movie theatre.
















And I said "I'm sorry" to the elderly woman
with"Jewish Red" hair at the Jewel
when she rammed her shopping cart into my shin.










And I even apoligized to the rack of clothing I bumped into

at the thrift store. Twice. 





























So I'm going to attempt and stop saying "I'm sorry". Not in general... I mean, when I don't mean to. Sorry.

I've also been on a huge genealogy kick recently, and after signing up for a well known ancestry search site I encountered a woman with who I share a great-great grandfather with. Her name is Ruth- she is 72 and she lives in the backwoods of Texas. We have been emailing pictures and stories about our common elders for the past week, and I am thrilled to haves such an unexpected link to the past!

Along with spending time researching my family history, I have also been spending time with family members that are actually still alive. My Fourth of July was nice, and was held at my house. Relatives came over to visit and Eric grilled up a classic American feast. I was reminded, yet again, of my severe love for food. The highlight of the day would have to be when I got my Nana to try on an old high school flag costume. The red, white and blue short-skirted dress was one of a few things I had salvaged from the High School costume purge. She ended up in the front yard in the sequined dress waving an American flag and singing "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy." The whole thing was very Grey Gardens. Talk about a firework show!
We have fun family get-togethers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers

Popular Posts