I feel like an idiot when I try and facebook chat with someone and they don’t respond. It’s probably intentional. Now, mind you, this doesn’t happen to me too often. If there was a hint to take, I would have by now. But the emotional process of not getting a response to a “Hey!” with an exclamation point is pretty rough. It’s not like I just said “hey”. No, I had to add the exclamation point. So now they not only know that I was trying to weasel myself into their day, but that I was damn excited about it.  

    
                                 

So last night I went out to dinner with my parents. It was the first time in a long while that we’d been out to eat as a family. As my dad finishes skimming the menu, my mom asks him what he’s going to get. He replies, “eggs”. She instantly goes into a list of reasons why it’s idiotic to order eggs at a restaurant when he could have easily had them at home for a lot cheaper. After exhausting herself with reasons why he should get something else, the waitress comes and Dad orders a turkey club. Mom orders eggs.
I hadn’t seen my dad laugh so hard in a while.

Today was the end of a long and somewhat productive weekend. After deciding how the next year of my life is supposed to turn out I woke up feeling a little like this
       

But I knew that I had to get out of the house and head back to school. I went and picked Julie up and we were on our way. And so began the long, wintry drive back to Bloomington-Normal. It was a random blizzard sort of day. Julie and I talked about everything we could within a three hour span. If we had a radio station, our listeners would have gotten a lot out of today’s show.

        

We’re planning on starting a somewhat regular visit to the Rec Center here on a somewhat regular basis in order to establish a somewhat regular workout routine. Julie and I have plans to go Wednesday, so if you’re eager to see two young, dedicated Oak Knoll Alums bettering their lives you know where to find us.

      
            Tyler and Julie- Oak Knoll Gym- 1993


         
                               Tyler and Julie- Rec Center 2011



As part of our new fitness plan, we made a pit stop at McDonald’s and my emotional void was filled to the brim with Chicken McNuggets.
     

After a hefty drive, Julie and I spent our first hour back at school flitting around campus running some errands. We then started our search for an apartment early- looking at a few one bedroom apartments in the new Uptown Crossing building. We were semi-impressed with the apartments, and dismayed at the prices. The search continues this weekend!

(Originally Posted January, 18th, 2011)