Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Apartment Failures

The other day Julie and I set up a date to go and check out a one bedroom apartment near campus. We drove over, and the instant we pulled into the neighborhood it was mutually agreed that there would not be a chance in hell that we were going to live there.



Out of our polite nature we decided to check the place out anyway. After sitting in the car for about 6 minutes, a woman peered through the front door and beckoned us to come inside. We walked up a smoky stairway into the apartment. It was pretty filthy, and random remnants made it seem like 1977. After briefly exploring the space the woman asked if we would like to fill out an application.

I began to fill it out until I noticed categories asking for my current bank, parents names, address, and social security number. As I glanced up in a confused state, I saw the woman staring at Julie and me filling out the forms with a sinister smile on her face. I nervously stopped filling out my application and told her I would take it with me. Her smile turned into a terrifying scowl.



I sat staring at the wall waiting for Julie, then we quickly left. If there is an outbreak of Identity Theft in the Normal community, Julie and I know exacptly where it came form. There are some shady places here in Normal. Also, don’t give your social security number to women who simultaneously own property and shop at Goodwill. I never thought it would be so difficult to find an apartment here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers

Popular Posts